Friday, April 06, 2007

I Always Knew I'd End Up Your Ex-Girlfriend

I went out with the X last night and a group of his friends.

I had stopped by his office to get some materials from him that I need to work on. We started chatting. He asked my opinion on a presentation he has to give for a job interview next week.

We've talked about this job before when we chat on IM. An old boss moved on to a higher position then contacted the X saying he wanted to hire him. This position was basically created for, and the job posting was written for, the X. He'll get the job just for interviewing.

I know the X wants to get out his current job, he hates it there. So did I that's why I jumped on the job I have now. I also know he hates the city. He grew up in a more suburban/rural area and loathes the city. This job will be much closer to the outdoor life he wants.

But the last time I spoke to him he didn't want to interview. He decided he didn't want to work for that boss again. Now he's going. I think it was a girl (I think it's another girl with J too though). A few weeks ago when I was driving to get a drink with a friend of mine I saw him walking holding hands with a girl.

He's got a new SLR digital camera for his birthday recently. He had it with him and was taking my picture. He said that I wasn't smiling. That maybe my face was smiling, but inside I was grumpy. I had to impressed with his insight, but it also made me cry.

I ended up going out to dinner with him and his friends. I only had a few blue moments and for the most part I had a good time. The X can be very flirty. Very, very flirty. At one point he teased me that I trying to get him drunk so he couldn't drive home and he'd have to come to my place. I ended up leaving on my own just to make sure that we were clear that I was not there trying to hook up with him. That would be great. Use the X to get over J who I used to get over the X in the first place.

I only had a couple of twinges of "maybe I should have gotten back together with him when he asked" which inevitably lead to thoughts of J, the real reason I didn't get back together with the X. I couldn't very well date the X and sleep with J at the same time. But they were only twinges. It was just nice to be around somebody who is nice and good to me. To drink a little and hang with some fun people.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver