Thursday, April 12, 2007

Employers Piss Me Off

Aparently it is mandatory that I recieve life insurance from my employer. Mandatory that they take money out of each pay check on the off chance that I kick the bucket or get hit by a bus. So that that money can be given to somebody else.

Huh?

Seriously, if I thought I was worth anything wouldn't I have insured myself? If there was someone in my life who's grief would eased by getting a decent sized chunk of change that I earned during my career, don't you think I'd have set that up for them already?

I understand parents wanting their kids to be taken care of financially getting life insurance, but please, I'm a youngest child who's syblings all have careers. I have no kids and my parents can take care of themselves. Maybe I'm being influenced here. My mother would never take life insurance out her children. She didn't want to have a child die and then be given money for it.

Frankly I see the whole thing as yet another way that single people with no families are discriminated against. I'm not married, I've got no kids to take care of, but still a part of my paycheck every week has to go to plan that would benefit them if I died one day.

It is fucking ridiculous and I'm seriously pissed off about it.

1 comments:

Antipodal said...

The only benefit I can see from forcing life insurance on you is if you create a secret identity. Name yourself the beneficiary. Then fake your own death. Kind of far fetched by damn creative if I say so myself.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver