Thursday, April 19, 2007

Goals for this weekend

I was supposed to work this morning with my old boss on a project we started together a year or more before. I was out late last night and had to be up earlier than I would have liked, but it's work, a little extra cash, so I dragged my butt out of bed and went to meet him. Half an hour later I get an email - canceled. Ooookay. Now what?

The whole time I was waiting I kept thinking that I could have been working out or sleeping in. Mostly I wanted to be working out, but knew in my heart of hearts that if I didn't have this meeting I would have slept in. By the time I got the email it was too late to go to the gym there was no way to work out and shower and get ready (both of which I had already done that morning) to be on time at my full-time gig. So I just walked home looked around and said - right lets get to work.

I did my dishes! The sink is no longer overflowing and stinky. Yay!

Then I put together part of a lunch, and even brought in a snack to share (Thursday night is treat night at work). The I stopped at Trader Joes to get a few things to round out my lunch - some trail mix to go on my salad; chocolate soy milk, I love those single serve boxes, and salsa to go with my tortilla wrap. I had wanted to also stop at a bagel place for breakfast, but ran out of time. I did have an apple though.

I feel so productive. If only that feeling could stay with me at work (which it hasn't). My first email was "I've scheduled you for X meeting, arrange your schedule to make it." The only reason it works is because something else that normally meets on that day was canceled. Otherwise I would have had to email my boss and say, "sorry, but if you had asked I could have told you that I already have Y (at your request) scheduled for that day." But no, it works out, so she'll continue to go ahead and do this shit to me without asking.

If I can get through tonight, I've got the weekend to be productive at home and work on my coverletters.

My weekend is going to look like this:

Friday - Work Out. Work on project with old boss. Clean bathroom. Go out.
Saturday - Work Out. Clean living room. Go shopping. Work on cover letters. Watch DVDs.
Sunday - Work Out. Clean bedroom. Work on cover letters. Watch DVDs.

I want my apartment to be neat and clean and airy and bright on Monday. That is my goal. I also want a workable template cover letter than I can customize for the jobs I want to apply for next week.

2 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

The DVDs sounds good. But I have so much damn work. How are ya?

This Is Just Me said...

I have much work too, but I ignore it. I've gotten to the point where they'd be doing me a favore by firing me. That and I don't get paid salary so I'm not about to do work at home for free.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver