Monday, February 05, 2007

Day from hell pt 2

Maintenence showed up. But he can't do it now. He'll have to come back at 9. Not good. Finally got a hold of someone at work. 10am is the absolute latest I can be at work ready to go - as in, not punching in, but actually working at 10am, because I'm supposed to be teaching.

Yep. Teaching. Which I technically knew about, but had completely forgotten about. I haven't gone over the content. I haven't made copies of the handouts. I am basically screwed. One of my co-workers said not to stress about it, that she'd take the class if I wasn't here.

Considering I don't know what I'm supposed to teach I'm almost hoping that she will take it, but I know that I'll get in trouble. I've already lost 2 hours of work at this rate. I'm going to have to take half hour lunches all week to make up for it. And quite possibly have to go in early. Of course I could just do something crazy like skip my exercize classes and stay later...but I'm not that self sacrificing. Odd, how they won't pay us overtime, but we HAVE to work 40 hours or it comes out of our personal/vacation time. You think they'd be happy with us getting work done in a shorter amount of time. It means they have to pay us less. But no. All the goodwill I had leaving last week - yep, I ended the week feeling pretty good about myjob - has all gone out my drafty window.

Yeah, I'm convinced now that I've got drafts in more than one. Why did I think a corner apartment was good again? It means more walls exposed to the elements instead of feeding off of the neighbor's heat. Of course I've decided to think about my outragous bill problem like this: This apartment is $110 dollars cheaper in rent than the place that was in the running, but that place had seperate utilities. So as I see it I've got a $110 buffer a month and I'm still right around what I would have been spending there.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver