Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Well my gianormous project is about 1/2 an hour away from completion. I'm giving myself a breather before I do my final edits. I actually got into it this morning when my mentor told me to email the Dean after I submit it and make sure that he knows I did all the work at M's request. That way I get the credit for having done it if it goes well, and M takes the heat for passing it off if it doesn't.

I love that man. In all the years that I've been a young working person or in school I have had someone take an interest in helping build my career. The great thing is that it's not just me, though I know that he likes me as a person, but he's been on the job 41 years and feels like he's in a good position to help people who are just starting thier careers.

I am off to look at an apartment tomorrow. It's the fourth one in two weeks. It's not a one bedroom, but it's bigger than a studio. It's right next to a girl I work with and get along with and a good neighborhood, by a museum, a park, and a farmers market. My co-worker is doing a month-to-month so if she'll do the same for me I don't have to feel guilty if I find a job far far away. I can even bring my kitty cat. If it's not horrible inside I'll be able to move in soon. She's just going to put in new carpet. If I time it just right, I can get the bed out and my old bed back into my room before my mother gets back from vacation. I can't imagine that it'll be worse than some of the one's I've seen for more expensive. I've seen my co-worker's place, which is a studio. It was small, it wasn't real modern either, but it had lots of windows so it was light. I've seen some that were small, dark and dingy. I just hope that I'm not hugely disapointed. The kind of place I would like to live in I can't afford so I've got to go with good-enough-to-get-by for now. I've gotten my hopes up about a couple of places that the people made sound fantastic, but they were dingy and aweful. One was so musty it affected my allergies.

That is still 2 days away. I wish I made the appointment for tomorrow!

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver