Friday, August 11, 2006

How weird life gets

So I saw J the other day and he's supposed to get back to me about possibly getting together tomorrow. With any luck, if he doesn't call me I will still see him at the gym today.

I'm supposed to go out with L tonight. "Supposed to" I am going out with L tonight. After the party we were at where he got a little physical (but didn't kiss me) he didn't call me for a week. Then called me twice. I told him I had to work late to make up time, which is not a lie, but I totally forgot that we close at 6 on fridays in the summer so I'm not working late after all. Instead I'm going to go to the gym. I didn't go yesterday because I was so sore from Wednesdsay's workout. With out so many dance classes as I had this spring and the weight class which is over for now, I can feel my legs slowly losing the muscle I had built and and re-gaining fat. So I went whole hog with lower body weights and resistance. Which meant that yesterday it was especially hard to walk.

But I'm alrigh with that. I want my dancer's legs back. In 3 weeks I should be getting into a few more lessons.

I am supposed to hear from my phone interview people today. Last week exactly they said they would tell me by today if I had made the 2nd round. It's half way across the country from here, but it pays more and has benefits. I also sent in the second half of another application on wednesday, but have not heard from them either. I had a good feeling about the phone interview and really expect to hear from them. It's early in the day yet though, so maybe after lunch I'll know.

On top of that, one of my supiors sits me down today and says, I had a conversation with the Highest Boss (she's boss of everybody here) about you. He goes on to say, I didn't have to but I really built you up. Basically, my job right now is temporary and "part-time." I am replacing two people in our office, one who got promoted (she's our immediate boss now) and one on maternity leave so I do get to work full time hours with no benefits. I had heard that the one who was promoted was not going to be replaced. I have the semi-equivalent of her job for a year and after that either I move on and they replace me with some other poor sucker who just needs a paycheck and isn't too picky, or they extend my lame ass contract and continue to pay me slave wages. At least I thought that was the plan. But my superior says that he can't promise anything, but if they decide to replace the employee who got a promotion he's going to push for me to get the job. So I'd have the same job, but I'd get a salary and benefits! There is no telling when a decision like this will be made, and more than likely it is going to be one of those things where I have to apply for the job and everything (and some poor sap just like me from out-of-state is going to apply and think they actually have a chance, but instead me, the internal candidate will be rewarded with the position).

If either of the two jobs I just applied/interviewed for make me an offer I am going to have a hard decision to make. I don't "enjoy" living here. My goal is to get to a different part of the country. But at the same time I've made plans for the rest of the year. I've got J and L around here, I might get the courage to try the actual dance clubs this winter, there are dance classes I've already signed up for, and my gym membership paid for.

If I got the job here, I could move out for real and not worry about taking the first place that gives me a short term lease. I could take the nice place right next to work. I wouldn't have to get aquainted with a new town, meet new people, find new things to do. Though, a part of me is also really itching to try new things again. My wanderlust is starting to grow. I've been in this spot for 2 years now that's the longest I've stayed anywhere except for 3 years of college. Obviously moving around so much isn't conducive to having a career or a long term relationship though.

Well, all of it is a big IF anyway. The other jobs haven't contacted me and who knows when I'll know about this job becoming permanent. Limbo sucks.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver