Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Out to Lunch

Was supposed to go have coffee with L today, it turned into an hour and a half lunch. I only took $5 because I thought it was coffee, and ended up only eating fries and a diet soda. I could have said that was all I had and he probably would have picked up the rest, he did take care of my tip, but then he probably would have wanted a massage to even it out.

L has a habit of telling me that I'm too small. I'm too small. I'm a tiny person. I'm short and I exercize, and, yeah I'm a little obsessive about my weight, but not on the under-weight scale. I've been holding a normal weight for my height for 4 months now (as opposed to years of being overweight). Having been overweight, and with it being a struggle to maintain (since what I really want to do is binge on way more un-healthy foods than just fries) it's really annoying to hear him say that I could stand to be bigger or have "more junk in my trunk" (his words). Because my ass is fine. Genetically speaking my ass is always going to be wider and not rounder, if he's looking for that kind of ass he needs to find someone of different ethnicity.


Being a vegetarian I should be used to people being unduly conserned over my nutrition. But I think that his consern isn't stemming from the fact that it was just french fries, so much as it wasn't much food. I'm sorry, but I got full. Stop telling me I need to get fatter. I don't. The spiteful part of me wants to work extra hard to drop another 5 pounds and see what he says then. It just goes to show that you'll never be perfect for everyone. Just yourself.

He also brought up the fact that I don't call him. Which is true. I don't initiate hanging out with him. I let him ask me to hang out. In my world if a guy likes you and wants to go out with you he does the work and calls. L himself said that if he had a daughter he would tell the girl not to persue boys, to let them do it. Which means he subscribes to the same policy. This should make me feel better. It means he's not pursuing me. Its not a big deal to call a guy friend and say hey lets get dinner. So he says the next time we hang out it has to be because I called him. Hmm...controlling much? Really, I get where he's coming from. I would resent a friendship where I put in all the effort too.

I don't know. I'm beginning to wonder if I really like him enough to bother. He's a little on the arrogant side, he doesn't let me finish what I was saying in a conversation, and it makes me feel uncomfortable when he flirts with me one second and critisizes my weight/shape/size the next. I feel like I shouldn't turn my nose up at the prospect of having one more friend to hang out with, but on the other hand, shouldn't I value quality over quantity?

1 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

My husband has a joke about women and weight: when you ask them, am I fat, there is no good reply. If they say no, we say they are lying. If they say yes or in the right places, we call them bastards. If they say "you look good", you ask, (this is my problem), so I'm not skinny? My husband really hates it if I get too skinny. If he tells me that, then he knows I won't eat for a while, so he still doesn't know how to answer the question.

Suffice to say, men who criticize women for their weight are bastards. What next will you do to displease them? And why is it okay for them to weigh more or have some imperfection and us no? I had guys used to get on my case and when they did, it showed that they just wanted me for sex and to have someone who looks decent on their arm. So go with your instincts. My two cents.

Thanks for linking me. I will do the same.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver