Thursday, August 17, 2006

Akward Much?

Huge staff meet where the X was at. We did the smile-nod "hi" that you give people in another department who you know you're supposed to know, but don't know well enough to talk to for any length of time and you're not even sure you know their name.

Wow...we've come from going out and being fabulously happy, to being in a miserable relationship, to being miserably broken-up, to him wanting me back, to him not speaking to me.

I always knew he was on the immature side, but this is kind of ridiculous.

The staff meeting was insanely hard to get through, I had this insane idea to stay up all night last night in an effort to get my sleep schedule on track. That lasted til about 3 am. And I woke up at 6:30 to be at work. Like I say...insane idea. I did manage to swap out my single four poster bed from my room with the double in the "guest room" (really it's storage). That took a good 3 hours. I have never had to take apart a bed before or put one together, I had to do both twice. Take apart the four poster, take apart the double, move them into other rooms, and reassemble. Okay, I didn't actual reassemble the double frame. The thing is at least 30 years old and is missing a few bolts making the bed tip to one side (which is why it's not the guest bed anymore). So I just put the four poster back together and left the double w/ the box spring on the floor. I was actually really proud of myself. Once I figured out which way the nuts turned to loosen I was all good. Moving the mattresses and box springs were the hardest parts.

I had told my mother when I move out I would be taking that bed anyway so I don't feel too weird moving it early (although, she may not be so keen on not having a bed in my room when I leave--at least I know I can move it back!). But she mentioned I'd have to buy a new bedframe if I wanted one. I do. The bed is too low with out it. She actually told me to go to Art Van furniture and it would be about $20. Yeah, maybe in the 60's when she last bought a bed. I haven't been over to an actual store yet, but the sale price on thier's is $80. At Value City it's still $40 and that's with out a middle bar, that itself costs $15.

Why do I care really? Well...I was at the gym and J came by while I was on the eliptical machine. I haven't seen or heard from him in a week. The saturday he thought he could come over came and went without a word. I did see him as I was coming up the stairs. He was talking to some girl who was belaying for someone on the rockwall (it was guy I noticed later). I ignored him. I almost didn't notice him, really, 'cuz I was trying to get my music to the right song and my head phones untangled. I proceded to ignore him while I warmed up. I know I shouldn't be so petty. I don't think it's going to turn him off I act like I like him.

Anyway about 10 minutes in he comes over and asks how I am. He came up behind me and scared me so I was a little startled and had no answer. He said he had to run (huh? but you had time chat up the rock climber?), but "Monday, after work, your place" he says as he walks away. And I'm left kind of dazed with a what-just-happened-look plastered on my face, still trying to get my heart back under my rib cage from where it lept out only moments before.

At first I was a little pissed. But then I figured what the hell. He's coming over that's all I really wanted anyway. My plan was to work out and go home and go to sleep since I'd had an early morning. I had actually told L that I couldn't go running with him that afternoon because I wanted a short workout and sleep. Instead I went grocery shopping vegged on Law & Order and a couple of popsicles (yummy, fruity, sweet and puts my mind in really bad places) when I decided I'm going to move the double bed into my room so we've got a nice place to be on monday and then I'll finish a sewing project I've been putting off (stupid zippers) which should have taken me to when I needed to get ready for work in the morning. Hence the bright idea to just not sleep. Yeah, the sewing project didn't get worked on, instead I tried out the nice double bed.

It's a little on the soft side, but after a back seat it's going to be like the Ritz on monday.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver