Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Or Not?

So hypothetically:

You meet a friend at a bar (or wherever) to see a band play. You mention that you're kind of tired and might leave before they finish. Your friend says "yeah, I got lots of work to do at home, I'll leave when you do." So about 2/3 through you both get in your seperate cars and leave.

A few days later you're talking to your friend and s/he says "oh yeah, I forgot to get their manager's number to see if I can pass it on to this other bar I know and went back. I really like the song they were playing so I sat with these other friends ad stayed for the rest of the show. I'm going to do my work tommorow."

How upset would you be? Personally I'd be hurt. I can actually see a few of my friends doing something like this. Infact I have a friend who organized a whole road-trip to see a band (my favorite and one that I introduced her to) with a car full of other people and didn't invite me. But in this particular instance, I can kind of understand a friend not calling you up and saying oh by the way I came back if you want to too.

Well, I was lounging with J (he did in fact come over last night afterwork...it was sooooo nice not to be in a car!!) and I asked how his long ass drive was after the dance on Sunday. Turns out he didn't go. He called his parents and said he'd see them on the weekend, after he remembered he forgot to get an instructor's contact info from inside the dance, went back and stayed the rest of the time (about another hour). I was a little hurt. At first I was very hurt mostly because I was dissapointed that he didn't dance more with me. But his class starts up again in a couple of weeks, and I'll get to dance with him there. Also, he's looking into yet another job, another dance instructor position, and he asked if I'd go help him at the interview. It would have been cool to do, but I have other plans, and thinking on it later, I thought, if he doesn't get the job for whatever reason I'd feel really bad. I don't need that kind of pressure. It was nice to be asked though.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver