Monday, July 03, 2006

Diversionary techniques

Thursday I ran into J. This is why I don't get the promised phone call.
I can remember laying eyes on this guy once before deciding to take his dance class. And now I see him a couple three times a week since it's over. Maybe it's because I know and recognize him now, but it's a little weird.

He was in a bit of hurry to get on with his holiday weekend. Which I could understand if I ever had weekend plans. He really wanted to beat traffic, so our trist was short and sweet. I recieved yet another "I'll call you." He seemed to genuinely think about when he might be able to get around to calling me instead of giving the ever vague "soon" time frame.

My resolution is to ask him out. Out, out. Not a hook-up, although if that comes after the going out, that's fine, but something resembling a date.

I don't live in a hollywood movie where people start a sexual relationship or a fling and end up falling madly in love. I don't honestly believe that a real romantic/ emotional relationship will blossom from this. Maybe if I had held out, not let my body rule my brain, and gotten him to date me a bit first, (though, maybe not even then...not every date becomes a boyfriend) but now I just don't see it ever happening.

I just miss dancing with him. I miss dancing, period.

On Saturday I hung out with L. For practically the whole day. We did the rock climbing thing that I had turned down a couple weeks before. With J out of town there was no need to worry about running into him while with another guy. (Although I am beginning to think that a little bit of competition might be good for J, I'm just not sure I'm ready to test that theory yet.) We then proceeded to hang out for another 5 hours or so. We ate, we watched tv and a movie. We went for ice cream and played mini-golf. We basically crammed what could have been at least 3 dates into one day.

It struck me at one point that L could be boyfriend material. I'm still haunted by the "I'm not really dating right now" comment that he made when I first met him. I've done the waiting thing before. I went out with some guy for about 8 months, well I thought I was going out with him, turned out he didn't think that. I got an email one day after I invited him out that he couldn't he was going out of town to meet his girlfriend's family. He was single when I met him. So some where along the way in that 8 months he was dating others and settled on one of them. In that 8 months, I was not dating anyone else. I worked my life around so that I could be free when I thought he would be so that I would always be available.

Resolution number 2. I'm not waiting for L to be in the dating mood.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver