Thursday, July 13, 2006

Just friends must still flirt

L called me while I was at work today. We went out to lunch.

Still with the flirting. It's not that I don't like being told that I'm cute, or that I look nice in what I wear. But I never know what to do when I get comments like that. Or when he says that he finds a particular kind of clothing sexy on a woman, and then says that I would look good in it and wear it the next time we go out. (Insert picture of me with wide WTF? eyes)

But then we also had a conversation about how he hasn't had a girlfriend in a long time and that he's got this no dating rule (which means we're not--picture me relieved), but that he's afraid that maybe the part of him that would care for someone else will atrophy if he doesn't date. Which is a fair enough fear, I just told him to give it time.

Personally I like being single right now and I wish I could have said as much, but he talks way too much for me to get more than 3 words in at a time.

So we're not dating, but he can joke about putting out because I picked up lunch (I owed him for lunch a couple of weeks ago). As long as I don't have to joke back...I'm fine with that.

And I guess he didn't notice any weird behavior between me and J the other day. Good.

2 comments:

me said...

Uggh. That reminds me of how my husband was when we were just friends/sleeping together/dating/not dating for years before he got his act together! How frustrating! He wasn't seeing anyone else at the time, but still, it sucked.

Anyway, enough about me. Thanks for the updates. I read the first one the other day, but didn't have time to comment.

And it's not awful and selfish to want L to want you. It is nice to be wanted and it hurts to be unwanted. You know what you are? Human.

4wD said...

A no dating-rule... hmm... i've used that line.

I don't know about L, but when i say that, i usually mean that I just want to have a physical thing. So later I can always say, ``I'm not ready for this. I mean, i really like you, and, god, i'm so attracted to you.. but I'm not ready to date anyone.''

but then thats me. my 2 bits.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver