Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Training Day

Today I went to some technical training for my new job. During some of the down time (or the time I wasn't really paying attention) I wrote this down:

10:45am (an hour and a half in):

This is so exciting. Being here and learning about what I'm going to be doing. I have so many ideas already.

12:45 pm (3 and a half hours in; just before lunch; after a group exercise):

But already I see people that are going to be difficult to work with. I guess you can't get away from annoying people or coworkers no matter where you work. My only concern is that some of them are very white bread. When "foreign" is a user group and they are joking about the homeless. I'm not sure that I've done the right thing. This might be a bad idea. I haven't started yet though. I'm still hopeful.


Just to explain a little: I currently work on an Urban campus. I have been here for going on 3 years. There are things I don't like about it. I wouldn't call myself an "urban" person. We have our share of homeless people who want money and dig through the trash outside of the buildings and go into the buildings to keep warm until some student complains. We also have our share of international students who may not have the best command of the English language, and we have some who would probably correct my grammar. So now that I have gotten a job out in the suburbs, it is a bit of a culture shock. I tried so hard to get them to call the user group internationals or something other than "foreigners" as if they're aliens or "others." These are our users! I wanted to scream, treat them with more respect. And having seen the homeless up close for even this short time, I think it is nothing to joke about. Ha Ha the homeless...this is an affluent suburb, I get that, but why does that have to make you callous to the financial plight of others?

And the one annoying soon to be co-worker, made that list, because she said that she honestly didn't understand what was going on, when she was told that her computer wouldn't print and she'd have to use a different one. Granted I know slightly older people aren't tech savvy. But what is so hard to understand about "that computer does not print"? And then she started asking me why her computer wasn't hooked up to the printer. How many times was I introduced as the new person who wasn't starting for another couple of weeks? At least 3. I don't know, maybe she's deaf too.

The drive from there to my weights class took just over half an hour. I think my classes will still be shot to hell for the rest of this semester. But I can still use the gym, and I might still run into J on occasion. I wish he weren't so busy with grades this week I need to get this new job thing off my chest and figure out where I stand. I saw that girl from yesterday after my weights class tonight. It ruined an otherwise good day. And I had been very good with my mantra which has expanded to "I'm done. I am just done with you." I don't even know who she is, but I hate her. I look at every woman and wonder why they have nice round little asses, when mine is small, flat and saggy. And why do they have tiny waists with nice round big breasts, but mine are so tiny. Seriously, I lost a bunch of weight and I'm still a pear shape with smaller breasts than hips (and I mean hips not my chunky thighs). I swear about 1/2 the weight I lost came from my boobs. I'm not really sure why J settled for having sex with me in the first place. I'm sure he could get a much better looking girl than me. Like Pink Sweat-suit Girl (though she was in yellow today). If he's not already fucking her, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver