Monday, November 06, 2006

Adulthood here I come.

I decided on an apartment today.

I walked in looked around and said, I'll take it. Before I was waffling on it. The manager kept calling it the "tiny" one. "You don't want to see the big one. You want the tiny one." Now I've seen tiny. This is not tiny. It's not perfect either, but neither were the ones in the other building. This one is an end unit so I have more windows and only one neighbor. The previous occupant moved out of the country and is leaving some of the furniture.

The down sides are - the kitchen is attached to the living room with no real divide and has a small patch of linolium in front of it. It's all carpeted except that bit of linolium and the bathroom. I consider the carpet to be a downside because I can't practice my dance on it. But I think I can work around that by possibly buying and finishing some plywood. I just need to practice my ballet barre or footwork really.

The plus...wireless. A pool for the summer. An end unit so more windows and only one neighbor, but that one is empty right now too (it's bigger and more expensive). It's the same price as the hardwood floors I saw on Friday. It is really light colored so it looks open and airy. But they'll let me paint if I want. The bathroom is the perfect size. I can use one of the extra closets for the cat's litter box. It has a decent lay out too. I am very excited.

The other exciting thing I have going on, I am going to start a mini-business editing student papers and theses. A friend of mine does web design and he's willing to give me a discount and make me a website. I'm going to start with my campus see how I do and then expand. If I even do two or three papers a month I could pay for the wireless and webhosting. Not to mention, I really enjoy that kind of work. There is something about red ink marks all over a manuscript that makes me very happy.

No word yet on how things are going to turn out with J. The weather is beautiful outside and is supposed to stay warm this week. With any luck we'll get together this week before the cold weather sets in. Give it a couple weeks because of my new job and the holidays - and then...I'll have an apartment! Of course, I haven't gotten to talk to him in a week...so I have no idea what is going to happen when I tell him my news. Hopefully I stay busy with these plans though so that even if he doesn't get his head out of his ass and start showing more attention to me I'll have stuff to take my mind off it.

I just hope that this good mood is for real and not just a blip on the radar. I am afraid that my high will come crashing down later when I get to class and J's either not as nice as I want him to be or if I see him stay with Pink Sweat Suit Girl again.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver