Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stuck inside

Ahhhh....not fair. The gym is doing a demonstration outside on campus this afternoon. I can hear the music through my office window and I know that J is out there giving mini-lessons. I'm stuck at my god damn cubicle "multi-tasking." I am supposed to be working on a grant proposal budget, while I wait for emails to come pooring in with stupid "how do I find" questions.

I am also really mad that I went and got a new ID card because the dude at the gym told me I couldn't get staff access coded on the card until I had a staff card. So I did that and called up to make sure I could get it coded today. Turns out that that guy was wrong. All wrong! Because I'm technically part-time faculty the coding was done as soon as I paid. I had no need to give up my student card. Imagine all the discounts I'm missing out on. Every time I go to the movies now I am going to think about that $1 I could have saved.

But on the up side...Dancing with the Stars is too much fun. Last night the guys danced the Cha-Cha with their partners and the women danced the Fox Trot (snooze!). I admit, that I called in, and used 2 email addresses to vote. I voted a bunch for Tucker Carlson, who can't dance worth anything, but it is just too much fun to watch, and for Mario Lopez, who now that he's grown up and ditched the mullet, is too hot for his own good. J actually looks like he could be Mario Lopez's younger brother. J is like the rougher, slimmer, proto-type of Mario Lopez. Like when God was creating Mario, he practiced first and made J. Which is fine with me because Mario is married and I'll never in my wildest dreams meet him. But J is outside...dancing, and I seriously wish it was 2:30 already so I could go out there too. That's still 53 minutes from now. Grrr...

I did run into him and said hi yesterday. We were both working out at the same time (I've been guest passes) last night. He came over to the treadmill next to me (I made 2 miles in 22 minutes!) but I couldn't really talk. So we went over and streched together. Then he walked me to my car and kissed me. With any luck he'll come over tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If he doesn't though, I have this crazy idea/plan. There is another ballroom dance class starting at our gym next week, one that J doesn't teach. J is thinking of taking another job at a studio that pays really well, but wants him to teach 4 styles, so he's got to learn at least 1 more. I was already planning on checking out this new class even though I don't have a partner. So...I'm thinking I can ask J if he wants to come with me. I think it would be easiest for me if I could leave him a voicemail that way I don't have to hear the rejection face to face (if rejection it is), but if he comes over I might jump off the cliff and just ask him in person. If he says no, I'm no worse off than I was before I asked. And he just might say okay.

45 minutes until relative freedom...or at least until I can stop by J's mini-lesson w/ the excuse that I was on my way to lunch.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver