Tuesday, September 05, 2006

contradictions

I was staying up way too late on Sunday and ran across Ebert & Roper (except that Ebert wasn't there) and they were reviewing a new version of Lassie.

Besides the fact that they gave the movie 2 thumbs up they described a character in it as "sad and cheerful."

I realized how aptly that describes me too. I am usually miserable about something. There is always something in my life bringing me down. But if I were to describe myself to anyone I'd say that I was upbeat, or cheerful. I do put on a happy face. I laugh and I joke, and I don't believe that I'm being insincere either.

It makes me wonder how I reconcile the two. How can I possibly be cheerful, but unhappy? Am I happy being miserable? I certainly hope I don't end up one of those people.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver