Friday, September 14, 2007

Okay, where's Allen Funt?

Seriously. First the note on the car and now this.

I get to the club last night and as I'm walking I get greeted to BMG. She's back to jazz pants and mid-drift baring tops instead of short skirts. I guess that means it's officially fall. I was hoping she had some other committments (school maybe) come up because she hasn't been there for two weeks.

No such luck.

The advanced lesson was still going on so I was just milling with people when Show Off Guy comes up and takes me by the hand. Now, he rarely dances with me. I always figured I wasn't good enough. Even though I've gotten better in the past couple months due to my private lessons with my jedi master (he really is). I had seen him going over a step with someone when I first came in, I figured maybe he just wanted to practice, though I was dumfounded as to why he would ask me. But that was not it. Instead he just took me aside, away from people, and asked me if I'd ever considered performing on a dance team because he's got one and would I like to look into it.

Who me?

He gave me his card and asked me to call him. That I could come by when the girls rehearse and see what it's all about.

It's weird, because I did dance with him on Sunday. I even wanted to ask him, since he does teach etc, if he could give me one or two things to work on. But I never worked up the courage, especially since he stopped dancing with me after more people arrived that night.

I'm a little afraid he'll expect me to take lessons with him, because I think the other girls do. But I am highly invested in my dance studio. I'm highly, highly invested in my jedi master (aka dance instructor). I just plunked down $75 per private lesson to the tune of more than $900 with the expectation that I'll plunk down another $900 in a month. For a total of 6 months of private lessons. Sounds like a lot, but that's with a discount from $90 per lesson to $75.

I shall this weekend, though. Because I am going to go check it out.

Oddly enough, B came up to me when she was leaving and said she was very excited that I was "joining the team." That she had asked him tonight about asking me.

Twelve hours later I'm still majorly suprised.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver