Monday, September 17, 2007

If you can't beat 'em, Join 'em.

Well, it is official I am joining the performance troupe that SOG runs and BMG is on. At first it was hard. I showed up about 5 minutes early on Sunday and BMG was finishing a private lesson with an instructor from my dance studio. (No wonder I never saw her at the classes, because she can bring them to her.) He recognized me - but I kind of let them finish up talking and didn't really talk to her. SOG asked her to lead me in stretching and obviously she can do the splits and stuff that I can't. But never once did he insinuate that I wouldn't be able to do what she does. I watched the routine. I like parts of it, but others are a little weird. Maybe when there are 6 girls in a row doing it together it'll look better.

B showed up (the girl I like and have hung out with) I think she and I are on the same page with being frustrated with how good the other girls are. I'm amazed at the fact that even in a dance class BMG insinsts on the bare midrift. Literally she tied her t-shirt up in the back so that her tummy was out. I don't get it.

In the end though, I think this is a good oportunity to get over my irrational dislike of her. She was friendly. And having seen the end of her lesson, and hearing her express frustration about steps and not getting certain body movements. I realized that she's learning too. According to B she spends every waking minute doing this, so no wonder she's alot better faster - I thought I was just crazy in thinking she wasn't that great back in February. I was little uncomfortable when she asked me if I knew J. But then it was my fault for wearing my university t-shirt. I'm just waiting for somebody to let me know that they are going out. She was impressed that I learn other dances at my studio and wants to learn others too. She took my phone number. Again - I am trying to get over my irrational hatred, so I am trying to tell myself that it will be okay if she comes to the studio.

Being with the performance team I will get extra dance time, extra lessons with SOG at a reasonable price that pays for the dance space. I knew that my mom would be the hardest to convince that doing this was a good idea of if the price was too high, monthly dues for rehersal space, and a pair of performance quality dance shoes. The costumes are provided, private lessons are provided in exchange for performaning at smaller events. My mom thought it was wonderful. She was so excited.

The first performance is on the 6th. So I don't have a lot of time to get ready. I am both extremely excited and extreamely nervous at the same time.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver