Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Secrets

I never told anyone, but my boss sixty year old boss kissed me once.

Not my current boss - they're all women (although that would make it even more shocking I guess) - but my old boss. It was a really akward kind of situation after I told him that I was offered a new job and that I was accepting it. I could tell that he was sad that I was going to go. He put his arms over my shoulders, only I wasn't about to hug him back. A bit like this only no one's smiling and imagine me being freaking out on the inside:



I have no idea what was said exactly, except I remember thinking that I thought he might cry, and that it was oddly how the X puts his arms on my shoulders when he's about to kiss me.

The next thing I know the boss takes my chin his hands and is pulling/leaning in for a kiss. He got the corner of my lips because I was trying my hardest to turn my face and give him a cheek.

What makes it horrible and akward was because it wasn't my last day. I was just telling him that I was planning on leaving. It wasn't like he was saying good-bye.

I keep trying to consider it a fatherly gesture. He always took that mentoring attitude. I used to get highly upset when he'd call me the "baby -my professional title." Because I was a fledgling I guess. And he likes to call my dancing "Slam Dancing" when I've told him on numerous occasion that it's ballroom, social, or partner dancing and that slam dancing is something utterly and completely different. The hard part about putting the kiss into the fatherly category is that it creeped me out, it reminded me of my x-boyfriend's behavior, and the boss had (and still does) make other kind of akward comments/gestures about my body. At first I thought he was just conserned about my weight or making fun of the fact that my clothes didn't really fit due to losing alot of weight. Once he lifted up my shirt - just an inch or so. I thought that he had seen my navel ring and was making some pointed remark about it despite the fact that I've had it for 8 years - but no he said he checking to see what I was holding my pants up with. Only, those particular pants weren't too big for me.

My sisters-in-law say that my stepdad has kissed them on the lips when he says good-bye. He's old too.

Could there actually be some ring of truth to the "dirty old man" stereo-type.

2 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

I don't know about your boss, but my stepfather was a dirty guy and was very cheerful about it. But he never crossed the line.

This Is Just Me said...

yeah. I wouldn't be suprised if that was my boss too. It's just that I worked with him for 2 years and he never did this until I lost a bunch of weight and was working with him more directly. He also does tend to take a mentoring interest in my career - but can still be a little condecending. I'm kind of glad I don't work for him anymore.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver