Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I don't wanna grow up, 'cuz if I did...

I'd have to deal with grown up shit like taking care of a car that refuses to work.

Woke up yesterday got ready on time, had to leave the house at 7:15am in order to be to work at 8 so that I could leave for J's dance class. But when I got in the car at 7:12am it refused to start. It was obviously the battery because all the lights would twitter and the wipers would jump around a bit.

So back in the house I go. I figure, we have a second car it shouldn't be too hard to jump, I even have cables in my trunk. But no. My mother says, call AAA I have a dentist appointment and proceeds to leave. WTF? Not that I want my mother's help on every little thing, but when someone is obviously in distress, your daughter! and to just walk away.

So yeah, I called Triple A and they sent somebody out who got there at 8:15am, jumped the car and off I went. I got in at 9am instead of 8 and decided since I didn't have anything majorly pressing I'd go to class anyway and come in at 8am today to make up the hour (I can do that here). Go to dance class, which was a good one. J actually came around and gave me help/feedback and gave me a quick hand squeeze as he moved on to the next couple. I didn't get to talk to him afterwards because I'm a moron and didn't wait for him (I've been kicking myself- we are supposed to get together today, but he hasn't emailed me what time - I leave work in less than 2 hours!)

Anyway, so I was kicking myself for not being able to stall long enough to see him and went to my car. Guess what? You see where this is going don't you? It wouldn't start. So I had to wait for somebody again to come jump start the car so I could drive home. Get home tell my mother that I'm going to need a jump in the morning and that I'll need to take the car in to get fixed. Then she starts in on how much a new battery is going to cost and that I should talk to my dad to find out the difference in the cost between having the alternator fixed (if that's the problem) or the battery. Like that is going to change what's wrong with my car - the cost. My mistake was telling her that and she gets all pissed. (Turns out I should have talked to my dad because I got overcharged for my battery).

Next morning go to get my car jumped, neither my mother nor her husband know how to jump start a car (neither do I really) so I have to call AAA again and request somebody come start it. They do. I drive to work. I'm at a red light, it stops. I make a whole host of people angry 'cuz it's a heavy intersection. Some very generous guy comes by and starts my car again. I get to the service place and the guy that I usually take my car to doesn't work there anymore. He always gave me a loaner, if he had I'd have still made it to work just after 8 to make up my hour of time from the day before. But he's not there and the guy I got says no, you'll have to wait. We'll be fast and have you to work. Yeah right. I got to work at 10, just in the nick of time for an important meeting.

I hate being an adult.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver