Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Decisions Decisions

I had an interview today. Just before I left town on Friday I got a phone call about a resume that I had sent off last week. The deadline was Friday so they made their decision pretty quick and they wanted to interview me this week. I was out of town until last night so, today was it.

It was the oddest interview I'd ever been on. There were no usual questions like "what would you say is your greatest weakness?" The worst I got was why did I want the job and a couple of other "if you got this position how would you..." type questions and all the rest were "tell us more about this, that, the other, your hobbies." I was completely at ease until the very end. I was almost out of there and I got thrown for a loop. I just had to simply say, "sorry, I'm not familiar with that" and "no I've not had any experience in that, but I'm confident I could learn." The whole thing seemed more like a conversation than an interview.

It tuns out that they only picked 3 people to interview. The third goes on Thursday and then they are going to call. Apparently they are really fast. So in a matter of 3 days I could have a new job.

The hard part is that I was looking forward to being an intern this winter. I was looking foward to seeing how the publishing industry works.

But the job I just interviewed for seems like it could be really fun. They asked me if I was prepared to take the job should they offer it to me on Friday. The night before I was thinking, I'll just go, if they offer it to me I don't actually have to say yes. Turns out that won't work.

Really, I guess I don't have a decision, not really. On Friday either I'll have another job or I'll be committed to sticking it out this one and enjoying the prospect of an upcoming internship.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver