Saturday, June 23, 2007

Unsubscribe me from your Booty Call List

I got better cell reception than the guides claimed when I was gone. I actually had a full set of bars sometimes. I wish I had just left the damn thing turned off though.

On day 2 I got a text message from J.

"Are you awake?" sent in the wee hours of the morning on the weekend.

Huh? At first I got all tingly and excited. It worked! I screamed in my head. Ignoring the bastard made him hot for me. He must have seen my wicked dance moves and realized that he must have me or else.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I realize that he must have created a booty call group in his cell's phone book, texts it to see who's around and who responds. My guess is the fastest response and closest location gets the prize.

This realization makes me feel like an idiot for getting my hopes up again and for responding to the damn text. But I honestly thought for that amount of time that he had wanted me. Too bad I'm a complete moron and he's not replied to my reply. How often do I need to be rejected before I get the picture that J doesn't give an iota of a shit about me? He couldn't even remember to take me out of his booty call group. I'm sure he has by now.

The message I sent was just that I was out of town. Even though I was tempted to tell him to call me later, or ask what was up I didn't. Having days of non-response I've managed to stew alot and think of some better ways of responding if he sends one again. I considered something lengthy reminding hm that casual was not what I wanted, and didn't he think of me as just a friend anyway? But in the end my favorite is the "unsubscribe me from this booty-call list" because it says that I know what he's up to and that he's not getting any from me either.

3 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Been thinking about you. How have you been? I stopped texting because it began to break my heart.

This Is Just Me said...

Texting, like email, has this weirdly false sense of security that makes it easier to talk to someone - because you can hide behind it, but at the same time is nerve racking, because there is no instant response. I don't really like it, but I try to reply to others.

I'm doing pretty well. Wish I was still on vacation though.

Tori C said...

Hi,
My name is Torri and I enjoyed reading your blog. Please if you have time check out mine torric2007
Seems like we are going thru some similiar crap for lack of better word with regard to men. Drop me a line or two if you get the chance.
And again nice to meet you.
Tori

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver