Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lost: Work Ethic. Reward if Found

I can not seem to motivate myself. I have done Zero work all week. Heck, on Tuesday I called in sick, then I exercized, went grocery shopping, baked cupcakes and a cake, and went to a going away party for the X. I was obviously not sick.

I just hate this place so much. I can't stand being here. The only thing that makes it bareable are a few of my coworkers.

I used to be a great employee. Managers loved me they always offered me manager positions, or manager training. It isn't that I would really go above and beyond I just did my work, I did it well, and I took pride in that. Even when I worked at a movie theater. Little things like offering gift certificates to people who wanted to pay with a credit card at the consession stand (which you couldn't do, but you can buy GCs at the box office with one), or even cleaning the popcorn machine - totally gross, but I didn't want to eat popcorn from a dirty machine.

Now that I'm a professional I've lost it. I don't care. I actually am looking forward to a meeting one day where they say, "you don't seem to be happy here" and I get to respond with "you're right, I'm not, I think I'll leave."

I wrote up a cover letter for a new position at my old job. I just need to fix up my resume.

1 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Okay, I don't have your email address, but here are your questions:

1. What to you is an ideal job, assuming that yes, you do have to work in order to survive? Elaborate at will.

2. What is the problem with all the men in the world, or am I just being stereotypically female?

3. You live in what you refer to as an unpleasant area of the Midwest. What makes it so bad in your eyes? You don't need to name the state or city.

4. What two books should everyone read in order to become better human beings and why?

5. Why do you blog?

Hope these work!

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver