Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday Date Night

I had my date with K on Friday. We emailed through the week to set it up. I said I had to work the next morning so it couldn't be late. He emailed me that he had an idea but it would go too late and that he'd save it for another time. He wouldn't tell me what it was though. That creeps me out just a little bit. So he suggested a movie instead.

I didn't think that for someone who wants to get to know me so badly a movie was the greatest suggestion. Unless he was looking to feel me up in the dark or something. So I said dinner instead.

K wanted to meet downtown, I said lets meet in the middle and suggested a place and time. I just didn't want him picking me up at my place, or wanting to come in to my apartment.

I've pretty much decided that I'm not attracted to him. I was attracted to him being attracted to me. Particularly after the whole teasing texts from J.

K got to the restaurant early, I showed up and he was finishing his appetizer and drink. I thought that was rather rude. I understand that he had been working all day, but not to wait for me to order? He should have suggested 6 or 6:30 as a time to meet.

We talked. He kept hinting at his "story" and a "bad time" in his life a few years ago and his current boss being a savior. But he didn't or wouldn't elaborate. I wanted to sceam - "I know you've been in jail! just tell me yourself already." What if somebody having been in prison, or having committed some kind of crime is a deal breaker for me where my relationships are concerned? I've never been in the situation before, so I don't know if it is or not. I don't appreciate that important information being kept from me - when will he decide to tell me? Third date? When we're boyfriend and girlfriend? Never?

Frankly I don't plan on letting it get that far.

I realize that full disclosure on a first date is asking for alot. K keeps talking to me about how he sees some kind of change in me since the spring. He's mentioned it a ton, just going on and on about how great I look lately and how something is different. Frankly, I think it's only half me and the other half is him being broken up with his girlfriend looking for someone else's pants to get into.

I wish I could be less cynical, but even before being given the insider info about him, I wasn't feeling great about this.

I had always figured that we'd split the dinner check, or if he paid for it I'd offer to get us dessert (and then actually get us dessert). I didn't even get a chance to offer. He grabbed the bill and said, I'll get this and you can pay for dessert. Now, just because I'm looking back on it, I wish I had responded that I don't eat dessert, and that I'd prefer to pay for my meal. At least it would have ended the evening sooner.

We went for icecream - I wanted to stop at a family place we passed, but made the mistake of mentioning a particular chain that is good. So we drove more and we went to the chain. We got our icecream and walked around. I was itching to leave. Not only did I have to work in the morning, but I had errands to run for work before I could even punch in, and I had to pick up a video (for work) from the X.

K had other ideas. He wanted to sit and talk, then he wanted to 'hold' me. It makes me seriously uncomfortable his touchy-feely-ness. It's uber awkward sitting on a bench with some guy wrapped around you. I wasn't even doing anything back. He rubbed my back and was talking. I sort of just was limp. He didn't really get the message.

I wasn't particularly comfortable with his driving. He went through some major yellows I though the should have stopped for and he put his hand out the window to give some guy the finger. Both real turn offs. I remember my first "date" with The Jackass years ago and thinking he must be a good guy because he heard ambulence sirens and pulled over before I even registered them. When K dropped me off he tried to kiss me. I gave him a hug before I got out and as I pulled away he went in for the kiss. Literally, I went "oh!" and gave him my cheek. Then said thanks and got out.

I feel bad on the one hand because I totally made out with him two weeks ago. But I didn't really like it, and the whole back rubs "holding" me thing - I'm just not into it.

I expected him to be a little upset. I judged this by the lack of a middle-of-the-night text message which he usually sends me after seeing me.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver