Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Deathly Hallows

Yes - there will be spoilers here -

I finally finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I got through the lull while they were hiding out and finished the last 1/4 in one night - stupid I know since I've got to work - but there you go.


1) I'm glad I was warned about the tissues - I think I used 4 or 5 in the last few chapters.

2) I totally called the Snape connection, both that he was good and that the reason he turned against Voldemort and helped Dumbeldore was that he was in love with Lily Evans. As soon as she was part of his worst memory ever back in Order of the Pheonix I've been saying it. The whole reason he hated Harry was because of James Potter.

3) I couldn't stand Dobby. He really annoyed the crap out of me and I was glad that he wasn't in the books so much after Chamber of Secrets. But still I cried when he died.

4) Fred was my favorite twin.

5) I did like Kreacher oddly enough - always have.

6) Loved all the back story - Snape, Dumbledore, the Grey Lady and Bloody Baron. Didn't like the epilogue. I think a family tree would have been cooler with some nod to the fact that the muggle-born wizards are on it. And we find out that Neville went back to Hogwarts to teach - but what is everyone else doing?

7) I can't believe that even w/ Dumbledore being dead J.K. still had the "Dumbledore Explains it all" chapter towards the end of this book.

8) I cried when Severus Snape died. And I like that Harry got over his hatered of him and named his kid after him - but who named their kid after Fred huh? Rose? Hugo? Ron must have let Hermione pick those out they're too normal.

9) I'm a big Harry Potter fan, even though I've got some criticism of the writing, pacing etc (see comment number 7) and I'm just so sad that it's over. The Boy Who Lived grew up.

10) And what about Luna? What happened to her 19 years later?

It is 2am, I have to go to work in 5 hours. Maybe I'll get to more comments later.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver