Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Is there such a thing?

I wonder if there can be such a thing as a MILD Manic-Depression? Some people are diagnosed with mild depression, but can someone be only mildly manic?

Lately I've just be going...it started on Friday. I woke up at a reasonable hour, went to the gym, visited a friend of mine and her new baby, went out to lunch, returned a late video and then went shopping for hours. I bought a christmas tree and wreath, decorations for both, a kitchen cart, and other numerous items I needed for my new place -a coffe press, a coffee grinder, coffee beans (and no it's not caffeine, I haven't used them yet), an iron, an ironing board, febreeze etc. I got home pretty late and was feeling like I should go to bed instead I put on my dance music and proceeded to assemble my christmas tree, decorate it and decorate the wreath. I got to bed sometime after 1am. I had to work on Saturday so I get up do all that good stuff go to work and while I feel like I should be exhausted enough to just go straight to bed, I go shopping again, buy more decorations and more things for my apartment (like a humidifier). Take down all the decorations from the christmas tree and wreath and re-do it all. In the background I also had a movie going. Around 11pm I decide that it's a great time to put that kitchen cart together so I take out all the pieces and put it together while I'm on the phone with a friend of mine who wants to go for Indian food. But, I'd had 2/3 of a pizza that day so I just put my cart together instead. I even start moving the furniture and loading things onto my new kitchen cart.

Again I think it was 1 or 2 am before I decide it's time to go to bed. On Sunday, again I have to work, and I contimplated working out before hand, but I didn't really have the time so instead I cleaned my bathtub before taking a shower. So I go to work and from there I call J, then go dancing, leave there after 10 go to my mother's leave there after 11, get home and decide that instead of letting the box of stuff I got at mom's sit I'll put everything away and I do. About 1:30am I realize I need to move my car or I'll get a ticket. So I go to my car and drive for a bit find a close space I won't get a ticket at, get stopped by a lady wanting to know about the bus schedule (at 2am!). Finally I think I got into bed at 2:30 and got up at 6 for work. Which I did just fine. That is what is weird, I should feel exhausted. Part of me knows that I need sleep. My eyes feel heavy mostly, but the rest of me says keep going.

Yesterday I got a ton done at work and after I got home I blogged , worked out, blogged again, chatted online with a friend (ranting about racist politicians) and then decided that I need to re-assemble my kitchen cart because the shelves were at the wrong height to fit my tiny appliances (namely the airpopper which is the tallest). I got the idea after taking my air popper out of the box it moved in to make popcorn for dinner and not wanting it to go back in the box. So that is what I did. I took the shelves apart and reassembled them at better hights.

I got to bed a little earlier than I had been, but I had to get up at 5:30 to shower, as the building is doing something with the hot water today and shut it off at 6am. I got ready and went to my meeting for 8am.

I don't feel like I'm realy "manic" at least not in that paint 20 paintings with out sleeping during the night after a night of clubbing and still have energy to make belgian waffles in the morning. I wonder if it isn't more likely that because my exercise routine has failed me my body is trying to use up the energy that usually got spent working out. The classes I went to pushed me harder than I tend to on my own. But I danced for 4 hours on Sunday and still I was looking for things to do at home.

I know that I am prone to depression, but this weird burst of activity and not feeling like I need to sleep for 12 hours afterwards is new to me.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver