Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Here I thought...

I was wandering my public library and I discovered this book Why You're Still Single: things your friends would tell you if you promised not to get mad.

Here I thought I was single because I wanted to be. Because I like the freedom of doing what I want when I want and not worrying if the SO is going to think I'm neglecting him. But what I have gleaned from skipping around and only reading the parts that struck my fancy, is that I'm single because I have lost the respect of the men I'm seeing by giving in to them and sleeping with them to early coupled with my being too busy to devote myself to the business of making a relationship work due to my fear of comitment.

In other words...I'm having too much fun and filling my time with other things that make me happy.

And yeah, I do have a fear of comitment, asylums always look like scary places on tv, I'm sure they're worse in real life.

3 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Being single is great if you like it. Being married has its good points, but there is so much give and take, and you have to be ready. My mother pressured me nonstop to get married. People who marry when they aren't ready often get divorced which totally sucks, or live in an unhappy relationship which totally sucks. Relax.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I hope that didn't sound pedantic.

This Is Just Me said...

No that didn't sound pedantic.

I feel the same way. I was mostly making fun of the book. It's just kind of weird because I'm enjoying being single while I've got the XX around trying to win me back.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver