Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Trying to see the hidden positive

My eldest brother says to look for the hidden positives so that's what I'm trying to do.

I got called in to meet with my Director. It seemed out of the blue to me and I asked a couple of people in my department if I should be nervous. They said there was no way to tell with her. So, I tried not to be. But I should have been.

It was my year end performance evaluation. Now, the director is as high as you go before getting to the Board, but as far as my worker bee status is conserned, she the Boss of Bosses. So, why is she doing my evaluation? Because my immediate supervisor, my department head is a chicken shit coward who didn't want to tell me herself. Yep, my supervisor asked the director to do it, and then she didn't even sit in on the meeting to give her input, when she wrote half of the thing. The other half was done by the Associate Director who hired me and was my supervisor for two months before this one was hired. What little respect I did have for the woman, has gone down the drain. Don't give me a bad review (I somewhat deserved it, but not all of it) and say that I have an attitude problem unless you are willing to tell it to my face. To hand it to a higher up to deal out the bad news is the most cowardly thing I have ever come across in my working life.

But the good news for her is that I will only be working under her for another month. Because I am being Transfered. Yep. I need too much "direction, guidance and mentoring" for my position which has none of those things and I'm being moved to a different department where their supervisor micro-manages everything. The Director then asks me how much course work I did in my degree for this position and I look at her - this is one of the women who interviewed me - before saying, none. I'm thinking - you elitist, out of touch with your own cooperation, bitch - you can't remember back 6 months to know that you asked me that question in the interview and decided to hire me anyway because of my "fresh" ideas.

I love how I was set up for failure and then hung out to dry when I lived up to that expectation.

Because I'm being transfered I have to start over with a three month probationary period. Which means I could get fired before I find a new job.

My current position will be open soon and I will love too see who they screw over next.

I know I wasn't doing some of the things I should, I'm not cut out for it I know that, but one of the things on my evaluation that I didn't deserve was that my programs aren't a big enough draw. I have doubled enrollment in our summer programs over last year's guy.

This place is so full of toxic bullshit I really need to get out. But the hidden positive is that, while I am here, I will actually have a more focused job and a supervisor that actually supervises. Which is what I needed to begin with having come straight out of grad school, but which was not given to me in this position. Maybe in the short time I have left in this hell hole, it will feel more like purgatory.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver