Tuesday, August 07, 2007

At least they're not mad

So the announcement about my transfer came today - more than 24 hours after it should have been.

The director comes to me takes me outside of our office door, takes my hand in hers and says "so, how are you doing?" As if she gives a shit. Then says she's going to email the announcement about my move and write it so that it sounds like it was my idea.

The funny thing is that - later one of my soon-to-be coworkers sees my current supervisor, and says, "wow, I didn't even know that Free Me applied for that job?" And my supervisor looked totally taken aback. Because I didn't apply for it. It was shoved down my throat.

Maybe it is my cynical nature, but I thought the other department was going to be a little peeved with me getting the job since I don't have the background. But they actually seemed really pleased. Sorry that I had to go through shit from the administration, but pleased that I'd be with them. They even said that I'd have a much better time of it there because they were very supportive. The person who's place I am taking said not to worry that it's pretty easy. A huge part of my anxiety was lifted when I found out that they were okay with me coming over to their side.

Another part of my anxiety is from wondering about my ability to do this job. I don't want to get fired in 3 months if I don't have something new.

0 comments:

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver