Friday, July 11, 2008

Moving on and Getting over are two completely unrelated things

I was up late (early) enough to catch an episode of Dawson's Creek (at 4:30am) this week. It was the episode where Pacey and Joey are trying to break it to Dawson that they're a couple. Now, Dawson and Joey broke up the year before, but they're still treading lightly because they know he's going to be unreasonably angry. And lo and behold they are correct. He basically makes Joey choose between being his friend or Pacey's girl-friend. And we all know how that turned out.

Besides revelling in the awesome '90's-ness of it all and harkening back to my college days when most of girls on my hall, and some of the guys from below us would watch Dawson's Creek in my neighboring dormmates room, I was also was also drawing a rather unflattering comparison between myself and VanderBeek's overly upset Dawson. I mean if he only wants to be friends with Joey (in his rant he asks her if she's upset for him not wanting to get back together) then why is he upset if his friend wants to go out with her?

I don't know how often I've said I'm Done with J. I tell myself all the time in my head. I even moved on to a better guy. Sure it didn't last, but I can at least I can admit he's better. So why am I unreasonably bitter about the B & J conundrum?

Then I was reading a book that a friend was going to throw out. In it I found the quote "Like love is a habit you couldn't break."

I can't seem to get over J or NG. I feel like I've moved on - through necessity. I've gone out with other guys. But when it comes down to it I'd take one of them first. I haven't even seen or spoken to NG in months. But I still think about him often, and I take a look at his facebook page now and then.

I feel like I've gotten into this habit of wanting them and I can't get out of it. I know that I can, and maybe even will. I got over the X and the XX, I just can't remember when that happened. I remember being broken hearted over them, and I know it healed, I just can't pin point when that happened. I wish I could so that I knew when I'd be over these ones.

2 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

You will be.

Enemy of the Republic said...

The when is the problem, but it will happen.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver