Friday, July 18, 2008

Say What You Need to Say

B is leaving town earlier than expected. Her going away party is tonight and she's gone the following friday. She found out today that her fiance did get the job on the west coast, so that's that. She's leaving and other than an occasional visit, like for the marathon this fall, she's not coming back.

I went out tonight with OG (other girl) from our dance team, she was performing with J. I was in a bad mood about J from yesterday because OG calls me up asking for directions (usually I drive). He asked her to do a private party with him that day. I was pissed because I specifically talked to him about doing the daytime parties with him and he made it sound like he'd give them to me.

I didn't think B was going to be coming out because we'd gone out the night before (our last thursday night out - I'd avoided them for awhile, but I figured I'd make nice on the last one ever) and she said she was hanging with another friend after work. But low-and-behold she shows up. J gives her a hug and dances 3 songs with her. He never asked me once.

B claims that she has to ask him to dance as well - which frankly, I won't do. I said as much. I called him a jack ass a few times. And then she comes out with "Can I confess something to you?" To which I said "I already know." But it turns out she wasn't talking about J. She made out with a married guy at her work today.

I was shocked and not. The first thing out of my mouth was "What the fuck are you doing?" I told her point blank that eventually she was gonna screw things up with her fiance, that eventually she was gonna do this with someone who wants to do something more than just have an affiar - I pointed out that J just wanted a no strings attached arrangement (I honestly think she may not have considered that before) - and then everyone was going to get hurt. And I did mention that I was telling her as a friend because she needs to hear it.

I so badly wanted to go into a "you may love him, but you don't respect him" rant. Or my what about being a christian, didn't christ say "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" she's be devestated if her fiance did have the shit she does. But then J came up and asked her dance song number 4. I was extremely pissed off the rest of the night. Until Bethany mentioned that her fiance got the job in their home state. Suddenly - while upset - I hate that J doesn't ask me to dance - I was in a much better mood.

I didn't get to say my whole peace, but I got to tell her, and I got to tell her that I knew about J. I wish I could have gone off on that for a bit, but she can't be so stupid as to think that I wasn't hurt by it. But I got say something. Now she can go away and make a mess of her life and her relationship away from me and I can officially not be a part of it.

2 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Refresh my memory, but I see to recall that J did not treat you well. Is your friend going that route? None of my business of course, but if she's experimenting (which means she is attracted to married me), then I hope she does't marry. The damn institution has enough going against it without throwing that wrench in.

This Is Just Me said...

Your memory is correct. He gave me just enough to keep me hanging on. When ever it seemed like I was mad, or my attention was wandering he'd do something nice - or what I thought was nice at the time.

I don't know what B is doing. I hope she gets some help before getting married or doesn't at all - at least to this guy. She's gonna end up hurting him otherwise.

 
Free Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver